Friday, November 5, 2010

NOTD Hard Candy "Beetle"


I finally found Hard Candy's nail polish in Beetle when at Walmart the other day, and this has quickly become my favorite nail polish I own.  This is the most complex, beautiful color I've seen.  Honestly, although it is named Beetle, it reminds me of the rainbow effect from an oil slick - purple, green, gold and oranges...all shifting in the changing light.  The entire nail polish looks like a complex microglitter in the bottle.  I found that the formula itself was quite nice - my pictures below (which don't do the polish justice at all), are two coats with a top coat over.  Honestly, the second bottle shot below, is probably the most true-to-life for the color than any of them.


(bottle shot - natural sunlight)

(two closeups of the polish - see how it changes based on the light?)


This is the best shot on my nails I could get - I tried everything, natural light...flash...no light...tilting my nails...you name it, but unfortunately this is just one of those polishes you have to see in real life to understand!  A beauty that is a must buy if you come across it!

Have you tried this polish?  On a side note, I have read that this is a dupe for Orly's Space Cadet, which I tried for weeks to find and couldn't.  For some pictures of the comparison, take a look at Catch the Beauty with Arie's Blog here, as they have great snapshots comparing the two.